February 01, 2017
On January 12th POE Mid-Atlantic hosted an informal talk about basic finances that spurred a valuable and lively discussion for the students. We had a wonderful turnout with 7 current students and 2 graduates attending. Danny Aberra, a Wells Fargo Program Manager, came to the Smallwood house and discussed all kinds of financial issues ranging from understanding credit card debt, academic and auto loans and checking and savings accounts to learning about investing in the stock market. Interestingly enough, Mr. Aberra came to the U.S. from Ethiopia on a full ride to the University of Wyoming. He ended up getting his Masters in Business Administration from the U of W as well and began his career at Wells Fargo as a bank teller because he wanted to start at the very bottom and experience every position at the bank. The students were rapt listening to his story and gathered some important information. He even brought some Wells Fargo swag bags with financial brochures for them to take home. We are hoping we can make this seminar an annual event and we look forward to hosting more events like this in the future!
- "The Kids Are All Right"
- COVID-19 and POE
- POE Underwrites an Internship that Gave me More than Just a Job
- POE Student Gets involved
- High School Seniors: This Blog is for You
- POE Scholar attends Netroots Nation through her Summer Internship
- If Jurassic Park were Real, Would you Visit?
- POE Awards BBQ - Peninsula 2019
- POE Scholar wins $2500 scholarship from the partnership that Stanford Federal Credit Union has with POE
- Joining with our Local Bay Area Community