September 23, 2020
Like everyone else POE has been impacted by the pandemic. Thanks to our terrific students and volunteer mentors we've all been able to work together to keep our students in school and progressing toward their degrees.
September 17, 2017
Karina Macias, a POE student and graduate of Eastside and St. Mary's College, was interviewed when the Trump administration announced its plan to roll back DACA (Deferred Action Childhood Arrival). Click to see the full article.
June 29, 2017
POE hosted a workshop with Sacred Heart Prep to allow students to analyze their personality strengths and weaknesses and think about how they can communicate effectively with others.
June 27, 2017
Thank you letter from a proud POE college graduate who appreciated not only the financial support POE provides, but also the mentoring and opportunities. (Student name is removed for privacy)
January 20, 2017
We recently received a letter from one of our scholars who began with us in 2013. The letter is a wonderful reminder of so many of our students’ promise for the future. It also reminds us of what POE means to our recipients. While some of Karla Velarde’s story is referenced in her letter, it doesn’t tell about how her parents made the most of their family’s lives despite coming to this country under tough circumstances. We are so proud of Karla. We also want to amplify her thanks to all of the POE community who have helped make this story (and so many others) happen.
July 18, 2016
See headshots of POE Peninsula's 31 new students!
July 01, 2016
Summary of career tips from moderator Angela Schmiede at POE's career night on June 22, 2016
June 24, 2016
A short video of the highlights from our Career Night on June 22nd.
- COVID-19 and POE
- POE Underwrites an Internship that Gave me More than Just a Job
- POE Student Gets involved
- High School Seniors: This Blog is for You
- POE Scholar attends Netroots Nation through her Summer Internship
- If Jurassic Park were Real, Would you Visit?
- POE Awards BBQ - Peninsula 2019
- POE Scholar wins $2500 scholarship from the partnership that Stanford Federal Credit Union has with POE
- Joining with our Local Bay Area Community
- What POE is looking for when reading an application