February 11, 2020
Stefany Villanueva is a POE scholar who is a freshman in the Honors College at George Mason University and majoring in Accounting. She currently participates in Mason Dreamers, the Association of Latino Professionals for America, and the Hispanic Student Association. She also enjoys playing Intra-Mural co-ed soccer in her spare time. Stefany shared the following report about an important initiative in which she has been involved.
July 13, 2019
At a recent event attended by POE students and mentors, the question in the title was offered as a way to open up dialog when you are at a networking event.
October 14, 2018
POE mentors gathered to learn from each other about how to best support our students
July 15, 2018
Where did the summer go? Our newest class of POE students is getting ready to head to college!
November 28, 2017
There are so many worthy charities and important causes, but how do you choose where to give your money and whom to support? Here is a blog from one of POE's new mentors and her thoughts on the subject.
October 20, 2017
POE Mentors gathered in October to celebrate the beginning of another POE scholarship cycle. Applications for students graduating this spring just went live and we are looking forward to another year of working with our fantastic students.
June 15, 2017
This year, for the first time, 7 Community College graduates headed for four year schools are among the new recipients for SF Peninsula.
May 01, 2017
Nisha Sharma, a junior at UC Santa Cruz, was chosen to be a Spartan in the Travis Manion Foundation which helps veterans and the families of fallen heroes.
March 04, 2017
POE hosted a mentor social gathering and presentation on student financial aid
October 19, 2016
On Thursday, October 13, about 35 POE Mentors got together to socialize and learn a little bit more about how to be the best mentors on Peninsula.
- POE Underwrites an Internship that Gave me More than Just a Job
- POE Student Gets involved
- High School Seniors: This Blog is for You
- POE Scholar attends Netroots Nation through her Summer Internship
- If Jurassic Park were Real, Would you Visit?
- POE Awards BBQ - Peninsula 2019
- POE Scholar wins $2500 scholarship from the partnership that Stanford Federal Credit Union has with POE
- Joining with our Local Bay Area Community
- What POE is looking for when reading an application
- POE Mentors Never Stop Learning