Nisha Sharma is a POE Student, completing her junior year at UC-Santa Cruz. Nisha is majoring in Sociology while also taking advantage of a broad liberal arts education with coursework in Computer Science and Political Science. Moreover, Nisha has continued to excel academically while also gaining relevant work experience to pursue a career in law enforcement.
As a high school student, Nisha joined Mountain View Police Department’s Police Explorer Program. Through the Police Explorer program and the evening ride alongs, she was especially inspired by the tremendous commitment and community pride of the officers with whom she worked. Helping out at community events as a Police Explorer taught her how to communicate with members of the community to encourage mutual respect and to foster good will between the police and the community members it seeks to protect.
Nisha’s instructor from the Police Explorer program has retired from the Police Force but is now active in the Travis Manion Foundation, an organization that helps veterans and the families of fallen heroes. He chose Nisha to be a Spartan for the Foundation and asked her to answer a few questions about her role model and legacy. Her narrative was chosen and was put on their website. We want to share it with you.
We are so proud of Nisha.
- College Success Workshop
- "The Kids Are All Right"
- COVID-19 and POE
- POE Underwrites an Internship that Gave me More than Just a Job
- POE Student Gets involved
- High School Seniors: This Blog is for You
- POE Scholar attends Netroots Nation through her Summer Internship
- If Jurassic Park were Real, Would you Visit?
- POE Awards BBQ - Peninsula 2019
- POE Scholar wins $2500 scholarship from the partnership that Stanford Federal Credit Union has with POE