February 01, 2017
On January 12th POE Mid-Atlantic hosted an informal talk about basic finances that spurred a valuable and lively discussion for the students. We had a wonderful turnout with 7 current students and 2 graduates attending. Danny Aberra, a Wells Fargo Program Manager, came to the Smallwood house and discussed all kinds of financial issues ranging from understanding credit card debt, academic and auto loans and checking and savings accounts to learning about investing in the stock market. Interestingly enough, Mr. Aberra came to the U.S. from Ethiopia on a full ride to the University of Wyoming. He ended up getting his Masters in Business Administration from the U of W as well and began his career at Wells Fargo as a bank teller because he wanted to start at the very bottom and experience every position at the bank. The students were rapt listening to his story and gathered some important information. He even brought some Wells Fargo swag bags with financial brochures for them to take home. We are hoping we can make this seminar an annual event and we look forward to hosting more events like this in the future!
- Thoughts on Giving Tuesday
- POE Mid-Atlantic Students Rally for George Mason Men’s Basketball!
- Happy POE New Year!
- POE Student Interviewed re DACA Roll Back
- DiSC Workshop for POE Students
- Thank You POE! - From a College Graduate
- POE SF Peninsula Awards 38 Scholarships
- POE Scholar is Paying it Forward
- POE Mentors are Students Too
- Dream Job