I am very lucky that because of the POE Scholarship, support, and community I was able to complete a two month Intership at the Launchpad Project Management where I learned a tremendous amount that will serve me well in the future.
I was a project lead of a team of eight with a group name Eisenhower Real Estate Group (EREG). My team and I were responsible for looking at a real estate property that could potentially be a great investment. We looked at multiple properties in Yolo County and San Joaquin County. We ended up picking a property in Stockton. As a team, EREG developed a business plan that resulted in a $43,091 profit. We utilized project management tools such as the PERT chart and the GANTT chart to help us with the project timeline. In the end, we pitched our business proposal to real-estate investors and placed second in the case competition.
Throughout the internship, I communicated to almost 400 people several times which helped me overcome my fear of public speaking because English is not my first language.
Thank you POE for providing a stipend for this internship and allowing me to get on the ground experience to become successful.
- POE Underwrites an Internship that Gave me More than Just a Job
- POE Student Gets involved
- High School Seniors: This Blog is for You
- POE Scholar attends Netroots Nation through her Summer Internship
- If Jurassic Park were Real, Would you Visit?
- POE Awards BBQ - Peninsula 2019
- POE Scholar wins $2500 scholarship from the partnership that Stanford Federal Credit Union has with POE
- Joining with our Local Bay Area Community
- What POE is looking for when reading an application
- POE Mentors Never Stop Learning